The number 3 citizen was said to have effected the mass sack via letters through the office of his Chief of staff, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, to prune down his assistants from over 300 to a little over 200.
According to Saraki’s aide the last batch of the affected aides received their sack letters on Tuesday.
“They started last Wednesday and they have finished distributing the letters on Tuesday. Out of the 300 aides, about 100 were affected. You know we have some of our colleagues that are based in Kwara,” he said.
High profile casualties were the director of protocol, Arthur Ndiwe, head of administration, Mrs Folasade Adigun and the Special Adviser to Saraki on legal matters, Ibrahim Tukur El-Sudi.
Thisday reports that another NASS source said majority of those affected were staff of the National Assembly who had been on secondment for over a decade and were considered redundant.
The latest move by Saraki would come as a welcome development as senior officers of the National Assembly have been criticized for having too many aides who do too little.
It also comes after Saraki, who governed Kwara State from 2003 to 2011, took himself off the pensions list to the applause of many.